Ed’s back this week, and him and George are doing pretty well. It’s a Sunday recording, and it’s a bit of a strange week, but despite the lack of a guest, we’re still firing on all cylinders.
The question of the week is about the unluckiest things you’ve ever seen in FM. George’s new Oldham save has had a bit of a run of bad luck. Including one of the worst own goals you’re ever likely to hear about.
Ed regales us with a tale about an Arsenal team that were 14 points ahead with ten games left. And then a long throw in the 94th minute of the last game ruins everything. And leads to a rage quit.
Then there’s all of this goodness going on as well –
- George’s Leeds save comes to a somewhat ignominious ending. Injuries and the tightness of the Championship table lead to the downfall of Osborn’s West Yorkshire dynasty. So he resigned.
- But that’s not the end of the save. George has moved across to Oldham, and with a tricky run-in things are starting to get pretty spicy.
- Ed got an ultimatum at Norwich to jump or be pushed. And so he jumped. All the way out of the save to a new one with Wolves. But he’s working on some new tactics, and he thinks they might be working pretty well.
- And then we have a chat about finding the time to play FM16 between all of those annoying real life things that keep getting in the way.
- If you’d like to listen to all of that, and more, then you can in the SoundCloud player embedded below. Or head over to iTunes and search for Deep Lying Podcast.